article by site founder, Connie Rice
Since the 1960’s brought in the “sexual revolution” and the promise of freedom from the restraints of biblical teachings, our culture has experienced serious negative consequences. Since removing God, prayer, and the Bible from our schools and increasingly from our culture over the past 65+ years reveals to the objective observer:
- more sexually transmitted disease (just since 2000 – rate per 100,000 people for each: Syphilis 2000 – 2.1; 2016 – 8.7; Chlamydia 2000 – 251.2; 2016 – 497.3; Gonorrhea 2000 – 128.6; 2016 – 145.8).
- more forcible rape (rate per 100,000 people: 1960 – 9.6; 2017 – 41.7).
- increased expectation of casual sex between partners (can contribute to higher incidences of date rapes, sexually transmitted diseases, more abortion, higher rates of infertility, and emotional pain.
- more divorces, resulting in more fatherless households.
- more kids suffering from feelings of rejection.
- more children home without supervision.
- increased gang membership & violence.
- increased pornography use & addiction, affecting younger & younger ages (easier access to Internet a huge factor).
- increased anxiety, affecting increasingly younger ages.
- increased suicide, affecting increasingly younger ages.
- increased abortion (with its negative effects on women & society).
- video games with more graphic violence.
- movies with more graphic scenes of sex & violence.
- TV shows with more graphic scenes of sex & violence.
- rise of radical feminism with contempt for all things male.
- lack of regard for innocence of children.
- language in public becoming increasingly coarse & vulgar.
- lack of respect and civility for those who disagree.
- increased focus on self to the point of narcissism for some.
- more people seeking plastic surgery.
- kids at higher risk of sexual abuse to favor “rights” of adults.
- increased number of people as victims of sex trafficking.
- more kids on brain-altering drugs.
- rise in violence committed by minors.
- increased hostility toward the Bible & people of faith.
- fewer good role models for kids.
- increased sexual identity confusion.
- increased emotional pain & regret over past choices.
“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God – having a form of godliness but denying its power.”2 Timothy 3:1-5a
It’s time to address the “elephant in the room” – that this over 65-year experiment in so-called sexual freedom has been an abysmal failure in America – both collectively and individually. We have been sold lies wrapped up in nice-sounding words and the consequences have been devastating for our society, our families, for us as individuals, and especially for kids.
“The Sexual Revolution has been going on for my entire lifetime. Millions of people have been harmed by its empty promises”Dr. Jennifer Morse , founder of the “Ruth Institute”
“Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.”1 Corinthians 6:18
Other times in history have gone far from God with the outlook being pretty bleak and Christ-followers prayed fervently that God would move in a mighty way. Those of us who know that His ways are best need to continually pray for another “Great Awakening”, that people would see their need for a Savior and recognize that God provided just that in the person of Jesus Christ, who suffered and gave His life because of His love for us – as we are incapable of saving ourselves. He does not want anyone to perish:
“The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”2 Peter 3:9
According to Jesus Himself, an evil one does exist and hell is a real place that God created for Satan and his fallen angels. However, we will all face our Creator on Judgment Day for how we lived on earth. It can be a day to look forward to for those who are covered in the righteousness of Jesus, but it will be a day of “gnashing of teeth” for those who have no covering for their sins. The following are verses that refer to Satan:
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”1 Peter 5:8
“Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own; God sent Me. Why is My language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me’!”John 8:42-45
“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good Shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.”Jesus speaking – John 10:9-13
“Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself.”Jesus speaking – John 12:31-32
“And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world – he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.”Revelation 12:9
There is no real and lasting freedom in what the world offers because Satan has dominion over this world. He is the ultimate deceiver and father of lies. He is a master of counterfeiting what God does and making sin look attractive, but it does not satisfy and can cause pain and brokenness.
“Why Satan Is Left on Earth: Incentives in the Battle for Joy in Jesus” – article by pastor, author, & speaker, John Piper.
True freedom is found through Jesus Christ, as He has revealed to us through the Bible:
“Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed’.”John 8:34-36
How can we know true freedom? – What is the Good News?
© Constance Rice 2019